what i've been loving lately

It's been a while since I've sat down and written a blog talking about the films, tv shows, music, books and creators I've fallen in love with as of late, so I thought today would be a good day to begin again. 


wes anderson films

The Darjeeling Limited particularly is one of my favourite Anderson films I've watched this year, as I've recently been in the midst of rewatching a lot of his previous films in anticipation for The French Dispatch coming out in late September. My utter admiration for his filmography continues to grow every time I watch another one of his films and I'm so excited to watch more. His quirky yet fascinating take of film is something I would recommend everyone to watch. SO beautiful and even more unique! 


hollywood 

Arguably the best show I've watched this year, Hollywood is a Netflix original following a small cast of people trying to find their place in 1950s Hollywood. It explores the impact each person's identities can impact their ways of 'making it' whilst also exploring the culture which existed during that time. The entire aesthetic of the film is so beautiful and I couldn't recommend this show more. I absolutely loved its entirety. 


educated by tara westover 

A memoir written by a woman who reflects on her life in a radical, fundamentalist Mormon household, enduring physical and emotional abuse at the hands of the people who, she thought, loved her most. It follows her journey through the discovery of education, as her radical father stripped her from a school learning experience (and her identity) for many of her early years of life. It's such a beautiful book and it felt like an honour to be able to read it. 


maisie peters - you signed up for this

An artist I recently had the pleasure of seeing live, Maisie Peter's music just speaks to my soul. She's beautiful, modern and the best vibe at all times. Her voice is beautiful and her debut album is something I know I will continue to replay for many months from now. She's amazing and I couldn't recommend this album more (and all her previous EP's, they're all amazing too!). 


noelle gallagher 

Noelle's youtube videos are ones I will always click when she uploads. Her channel is essentially just book content, but her recommendations are always top tier and I love how passionate she is about book content in general. She's also super cool and such a delight to watch. 


Thanks for reading,

J. I. Smith x 

Comments

Popular Posts