favourite films of january

Little Women
An absolutely gorgeous film about the struggles of a female writer during the 1800s and her domestic struggles alongside her career, too. It's so feel-good, so inspired and so motivating. I genuinely left the cinema wanting to be Jo March more than anyone in the world. Absolutely amazing watch if you're a writer, too. Little Women is one of my favourite books I read when I was younger and as a result, I'll probably re-read it sometime soon, as soon as I get back to my trusted bookshelf in Nottingham. So many funny moments and couldn't recommend it more if you love a feel-good film. Plus Saoirse Ronan and Timothee Chalamet are two of my favourite actors and their work together is always so good. Definitely worth the watch.


Jojo Rabbit
Taika Waititi is arguably one of my favourite people in Hollywood right now, ever since I saw him do press for Thor: Ragnorok (another amazingly hilarious film he directed), I couldn't help but fall in love with him. His new film Jojo Rabbit, starring the cutest little actor, Roman Griffin Davis, who is a darling, by the way, is one of the funniest films I've seen in a very long time. In short, the film is about a 10-year-old German boy during WW2, with an imaginary friend, Hitler, played by Waititi himself and it just follows this young boy during the last year of the war. I laughed so much during this film, and also had a little cry at parts, but it truly was beautiful. WATCH, WATCH, WATCH!



1917
This film was incredible. It was beautiful and horrifying and everything in between. The acting was immense and the cameos were just insane. It was truly an amazing film and I'm so glad I watched it. It's a story about two young men in WW1 who are sent to stop an attack in France that will take place the following morning. It's so intense yet such a beautiful storyline and really keeps you hooked the entire time.


Just Mercy
I've had the pleasure of seeing this film twice now, and both times it was incredible. A story of hope, Michael B. Jordan plays a lawyer who helps individuals on death row who are unable to pay for the legal help they need. It's a story based on a black man named Walter McMillian, who is wrongly charged with the murder of a young girl in Alabama during the 1980s. It's one of the most emotional films I've seen in a long time, but the use of imagery in this film is incredible. The performances by every actor in the film is amazing, and it honestly made me want to change the world single-handedly.


Thank you for reading,
J. I. Smith x 

Comments

Popular Posts